Role of Trade Union & Management in Conflicts:
A strong and recognized trade union is inevitable for industrial peace. Trade unions play an important role of a mediator for effective communications between workers and the management. It is proven fact that decisions taken through collective bargaining and collaborative negotiations between employers and unions are more influential during conflicts. They provide the advice and support to ensure that differences of opinions do not turn into major conflicts. Trade unions help in accelerating the pace of economic development in an organisation.
• They enable settlement of industrial disputes in a rational manner
• They act as voices of workers while negotiating with management and convey messages and reactions of management to the labour
• They are the agents who help workers adjust in new working environments, difficult working conditions and motivates them to adjust to new rules and policies
• They help in achieving industrial peace and incorporating sense of responsibility in workers
• They promote national integration by reducing number of industrial disputes