Following are the “Five Hidden Dangers of Facebook”, published on CBSNews:
1. Your information is being shared with third parties.
2. Privacy settings revert to a less safe default mode after each redesign.
3. Facebook ads may contain malware.
4. Your real friends unknowingly make you vulnerable.
5. Scammers are creating fake profiles.” Can we image how horrible about the privacy settings? Is Mark unethical? Mark used Facebook user data to guess email passwords and read personal email in order to discredit his rivals. This is a questions about the ethics of the CEO of the world’s largest social network.
Linked to the Chinese version social network “Ren Ren”. Renren is founded in 2000 by Renren media Holding Ltd. Renren.com is founded in 2005. Renren .com is named Xiaonei after they changed company called Qianxiang. Xiaonei means In school but Ren ren means everybody. From August, 2009, they changed name into Renren means not only the studets in school can join this society, but also all of the people from the world can take part in and communicate with others. Its same with Facebook, people can share photos, videos and keep touch with friends or make new friends. However, things happened in 2008, it is said that japan company soft bank invest 400 million yen to Chinese social media xiao nei , and get 40% stock in qian xiang, it means they bought 220 million students data. At that time, lots of students delet their account, but what is the goal for xiaonei? They just want to have more profits. “You can do business online without violating someone’s privacy.” ( Toles of Facebook) People are afraid of our information is lost in this issue. Some one says this is not true, we will not sale the data to Japanese, however, Xiao nei changed name into renren in a very fast way, they do not clarify the truth in time.